Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Cheese

I have been thinking about cheese that is great for summer. Mainly, burger and grilling cheese.

When selling the cheese I have been importing I have found a theme....flavor. People seem to love flavored cheese of almost any kind. I found that Carr's Valley Cranberry-Chipotle Cheddar has been very popular. It is great in a burger as well as in desserts! Personally, I can just eat chuncks of it...Thanks Carr Valley!

For other grilling cheese I have come up with a great grilled steak recipe. I use my favorite blue cheese; cut a pocket into a nice steak and then put it on a hot grill. While that is cooking I prepare a plum reduction sauce by combining plum jam, red wine, salt and pepper. Tossed into a sauce pan these ingredients combine and are ready when the steak is ready. Sometimes, I add fresh basil just for a change. Anyway I look at it; I just love this recipe!!

Happy 1st day of summer all!

No comments:

Post a Comment